Home
« Home | Next: MSNBC: Petraeus takes control of a 'tougher fight' »
| Next: How To Feel Protected In Your Home »
| Next: ABC: BP CHIEF GETS LIFE BACK: Attends Yacht Race a... »
| Next: ABC: Need Fashion Advice? Ask Glamour's Experts! »
| Next: MSNBC: Dinosaur bites ranged from fast to ferocious »
| Next: CNN: Palin wants Obama to call her »
| Next: ABC: WHAT WE DON'T KNOW WILL HURT US: Spill's Unan... »
| Next: Important Safety Tips For Summer »
| Next: ABC: Popular Pain Pills Boost Risk of Heart Death »
| Next: Record the News »

Archives



Recent

News Sources

Good News

Site Feed: RSS
Subscribe to updates
Add to Technorati Favorites
N1 Website Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine

Blogarama - The Blog Directory
 Blog Directory
Blog Directory

Free SEO Tools

Business Blogs - Blog Rankings

Thursday, June 24, 2010

A new meaning to book TV

Guest post written by Sammy Peacock

It may seem like a contradiction but I love both watching TV and reading books. Actually, a lot of the times TV helps give me ideas about new books to read. One of the shows that I watch on Satellite television and get the most inspiration as to what to read from is “The Colbert Report.”

I’d say about half of the time, Stephen’s guest at the last part of show has written some kind of new book about society or politics that they’re promoting through the TV appearance. Sometimes these books aren’t out yet. But if they are, I’ll do a quick search on WiMAX Service to see if I can read an excerpt of the book as a Google Books preview.

This is so much easier to do while checking my e-mail inbox than going to a local bookstore and reading a page or two out of the book, where I know I won’t be able to leave without buying at least three books.

Sure, it’s easier to shop for books online than in person, but it’s also easier for me to resist the lure of an attractive cover.

=======================================

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Blond 2008 - 2014