Home
« Home | Next: ABC: How to Stay Safe at Amusement Park »
| Next: Yahoo!: Majors that give you plenty of career options »
| Next: Fox News: Scooter in hole »
| Next: CNN: Massive moon blast visible from Earth »
| Next: CBS: Big 4 cell phone carriers taking on texting-w... »
| Next: CNN: A cure for gray hair? »
| Next: CNN: Big duck invades Hong Kong harbor »
| Next: ABC: Your Nickel Could Be Worth $4 Million »
| Next: CNN: 'Duck Dynasty' finale tops 'Idol' »
| Next: ABC: Manhunt for Marathon Suspect Shuts Down Water... »

Archives



Recent

News Sources

Good News

Site Feed: RSS
Subscribe to updates
Add to Technorati Favorites
N1 Website Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine

Blogarama - The Blog Directory
 Blog Directory
Blog Directory

Free SEO Tools

Business Blogs - Blog Rankings

Monday, May 27, 2013

Moving Home to Texas

This guest post from Werner Rogers

Moving here to be closer to my extended family was one of the best decisions I ever made. I worried at first that it was going to be tough to be around all these people I only saw on holidays all the time but at the end of the day your family is your family, and they deserve respect. I love my grandmother and she’s in her 90s and my parents are getting older too, and needed more help. My mom and dad recently downsized into a small ranch-style home and I did everything for them from calling the movers to going online to look into Electric Companies Texas for them. They say they’re really appreciative and love not having to pay as much on utilities and lawn care as they did at the old family house. It was way too big for just the two of them anyway and it’s important that they keep saving money while dad’s still working so if they have to go to a nursing home or something they’ve got the money. I love my parents and I’d do anything for them, including moving back home to Texas. When I was a young girl I couldn’t wait to get out of here – I moved to New York City the second I was old enough and just about never looked back. But when my brother got sick and my mom broke her hip I knew it was time I came home and pulled my weight. I had been away for a long time and it’s not like I had a family or kids or anything I didn’t want to uproot. If anything, my dog loves the new yard I’ve got for him and the climate here in Texas! The people are friendly, the cost of living is way lower and my parents are happy to have me home. All in all I’d say it was a really good decision to move back.

=======================================

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Blond 2008 - 2014