Home
« Home | Next: Yahoo!: A contentious year in golf »
| Next: Yahoo!: Texas governor signs bill key to $2 billio... »
| Next: CBS: GOP ought to be "closed for repairs," says Bo... »
| Next: Moving Home to Texas »
| Next: ABC: How to Stay Safe at Amusement Park »
| Next: Yahoo!: Majors that give you plenty of career options »
| Next: Fox News: Scooter in hole »
| Next: CNN: Massive moon blast visible from Earth »
| Next: CBS: Big 4 cell phone carriers taking on texting-w... »
| Next: CNN: A cure for gray hair? »

Archives



Recent

News Sources

Good News

Site Feed: RSS
Subscribe to updates
Add to Technorati Favorites
N1 Website Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine

Blogarama - The Blog Directory
 Blog Directory
Blog Directory

Free SEO Tools

Business Blogs - Blog Rankings

Monday, June 3, 2013

Thank Goodness for my Boss

This guest post from Lewis Beck

My boss told me about http://www.electriccompaniestexas.net/reliant-energy-texas/C/Cushing/ not too long ago and I went on and found a better energy company than the one I had been using. My boss is actually a close friend of mine and he knows the hassles I’ve had with the utilities at my house so he’s constantly sending me articles and links about the better options in my neighborhood. First I had a water leak in the backyard that was NOT my fault but the water company decided to charge me for it anyway. It had been leaking for over a year before anyone even found it! And then after that the phone company upped my rates to a ridiculous amount and I had to stop calling my mother back in India because it was too expensive. The last straw was when my AC broke and the electrician I hired to come out told me it was fixed, only to have it break again 2 weeks later. I get really sick of having to deal with people that I don’t trust and since I haven’t lived in Texas all that long I don’t know a ton about the best utility providers here. My boss is a “lifer” as he likes to call himself and has lived in this area for his whole life, so he has some experience with knowing who to use and who to avoid. He’s actually been really helpful since my move with everything from referring me to a doctor to finding me a salon to go to (it’s the one his wife uses!) You totally underestimate how much work it is to move to a new city and not know anyone or anything. Moving is hard enough as it is but you know, at the end of the day all you really need is one person on your side to make it easier and for me that person happened to be my boss. Who would have thought?

=======================================

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Blond 2008 - 2014